Serves: 3Prep Time: 35mins
- 2 c (60g) packed fresh basil
- ¼ c (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- dash of sea salt
- ½ c (15g-30g) fresh spinach
- ⅛ c (15g) pine nuts or walnuts
- ¼ tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- These nutritional flakes are packed with Vitamin B12 and will give anything a creamy, cheesy taste and consistency!
- If you’re allergic to nuts, omit them. This recipe taste just as good without them!
- Add all ingredients to food processor. Pulse until coarsely chopped. Then puree until the mixture is smooth, stopping periodically to scrape the sides as needed. If you want a cheesier mixture, add nutritional yeast flakes as an option.
- Serve with “Explore Asian, Authentic Cuisine” Gluten free pasta (these are so delish!!) or on homemade pizza, roast veggies, sandwiches, burgers, sweet potato mash, salads or pretty much anything you can think of, pesto will probably taste amazing!!
Tip: For more servings, this recipe double beautifully!
For Pesto Pasta add-ins, try the following...
Serves: 3Prep Time: 20minsCook Time: 10mins
- 1 med onion, thinly sliced
- 3 med mushrooms, finely diced
- ½ green pepper, finely diced
- 3 sm tomatoes (or half a pint of cherry tomatoes), finely diced
- 3 med broccoli heads, chopped fine
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Cook pasta until al dente. While pasta cooks, heat oil in a pan. Lightly sauté onions, mushrooms, green pepper and tomatoes. Once all veggies are soft and lightly cooked, remove from heat. Add pesto to pasta and mix well. Finally, add veggies, stir and enjoy!