Crockpot Lamb Shanks
Serves: 3 | Prep Time: 30 minutes | Cook time: low 8-10 hours/high 4-5hours
- 10-12 whole tomatoes, diced (or 1 can of diced organic tomatoes)
- 1 med onion, cubed
- 4 cloves of garlic, whole
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1kg lamb shanks
- 1tbsp coconut oil
- 1tsp dried rosemary (or 3-4 sprigs of fresh, about a finger length)
- 1tsp dried thyme
- 1tsp salt
- 1tsp pepper
- 1/2tsp garlic powder
- 4 cloves of garlic, quartered
- 3tsp tomatoe paste to thicken sauce (optional)
- Fresh corriander for garnish (optional)
- Turn crockpot on to low/high and place all ingredients in crockpot and mix well.
- Heat oil in pan (cast iron woks best). Cut shallow slits into meat and insert garlic into different parts of lamb shank. Season meat with herbs and salt and pepper. Pan sear each piece of lamb (about 3mins on each side), then place in sauce in crockpot. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or on high for 4-5 hours, turning meat at least once.
- Serve with roasted veggies, garnish with fresh corriander and enjoy!!
- For a thicker sauce, remove meat from crockpot then add tomato paste and mix well.