Coconut Crusted Chicken
Prep time: 10minsCook time: 20mins
- 500g chicken breast cut into short strips
- 1c dessicated coconut
- 1 egg beaten
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat oil in frying pan (castiron pan is ideal). Beat the egg in one bowl, mix the dry ingredients in another bowl (feel free to use the above measurements or experiment using your own mixture) and slice chicken into short, thin strips.
- Dip the chicken in the beaten egg, then fully coat in coconut mixture. Do this for each strip of chicken then put all chicken slices in frying pan. Cook until golden brown on both sides (about 7 minutes on each side depending on how thick your strips are). Don't overcook!
- Remove chicken strips from frying pan and pair with a fresh salad or veggies of your choice!
I just love this chicken on a salad on a hot day as it's a refreshing and light meal!