Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 40mins
- 2tbsp coconut oil (or butter or ghee)
- 1 med onion, cubed
- 1 med celery, chopped
- 1 med carrot, chopped
- 2 med potatoes (alternatively, you can use 1 med potato & 1 med kumara)
- 1 med butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1L chicken stock or bone broth
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cloves of garlic, cubed
- Chop all ingredients. Melt oil in a large pot and cook onion, celery, carrot, potato and squash 5mins, or until lightly browned. Pour enough chicken stock to cover veggies and add garlic. Bring everything to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and let simmer for about 40mins (or until veggies are very tender).
- Once everything is cooked, use a subversive hand blender or transfer contents to blender and blend until desired texture. You can add fresh basil just before blending. Return to pot and mix any remaining stock to attain desired consistency (if desired). Season with salt and pepper to your liking.
This is my brother favourite soup! It's hearty, healthy and filling! Add a dollop of plain yogurt or cream to each bowl to dress up!