Split Pea Soup
Prep Time: 20mins Cook Time: 40mins
- 500g (2c) yellow split peas
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 med potatoes, diced
- 2 med carrots, diced
- 2 med stalks celery, diced
- 2 med onion, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp salt and pepper
- 3L vegetable stock (or chicken stock)
- fresh parsley, chopped for garnish
- Grate zucchini and squeeze out excess water by pressing between two tea towels.
- Place parsley, basil, garlic, green onions, chilli and zucchini in a bowl and mix well. Add egg, lemon juice, flour, oil, salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together, adding more flour if too wet and more oil if too dry.
- Heat cast iron skillet and melt coconut oil. Spoon portions into hand, flatten and then place in hot skillet. Fry for about 2-3 minutes each side or until golden brown.
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt and a side salad and enjoy!